The University of Utah College of Engineering, School of Computing and the ARCS foundation present "Computer Science: The Versatile Degree."
Featuring: Dr. Kiri L. Wagstaff is a Principal Researcher in machine learning at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and an associate research professor at Oregon State University. Her research focuses on developing new machine learning methods for use onboard spacecraft and in data archives for planetary science, astronomy, cosmology, and more. She received her B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Utah in 1997 followed by a M.S. in Computer Science (2000) and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Cornell University in 2002. She is passionate about keeping machine learning relevant to real-world problems.
Panel: Panelists are University School of Computing graduates working in a variety of careers (security, defense, finance, healthcare, education). Computer Scientists are involved in virtually every aspect of modern life. Come find out how a computer science degree is your ticket to a rewarding career in any field.
- Alice Griffin, Engineering Associate, Goldman Sachs
- Seth DeCato, Cybersecurity Lead and Information System Security Manager, Federal Civil Service
- Jessica Lemon, Sr Mobile App Developer, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Dave Venable, Sr. Software Developer, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
- Ryan Hawkins, Software Engineering Intern, Instructure
Light refreshments will be served
Although reservations are not required, they are appreciated.
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (801) 560-3587