UCIC Ambassadors: The Utah Center for Inclusive Computing (UCIC) is now seeking ambassadors!
The new Utah Center for Inclusive Computing (UCIC) is hiring ambassadors to represent the center at the school, college, campus and community level. The UCIC was created in an effort to prepare, recruit, and retain students to the School of Computing programs from populations currently underrepresented in computing.
Future ambassadors will:
- Assist with communications, including website, Instagram, flyer and email content
- Represent computing degrees and career possibilities at events
- Assist in coordinating outreach activities
- Must be a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Data Science Major
- Must be able to commit to a full academic year
- Utah Center for Inclusive Computing Ambassadors are paid $15.00 per hour
- Weekly hours will vary between 5-10 hours per week
- Application Opens: September 1, 2021 (day of the launch)